September is National Preparedness Month. There are a number of things you can do to increase your ability to respond to and deal with disasters:
- Start at www.ready.gov for information on how to make a plan and build a kit.
- Participate in America’s PrepareAthon.
- Receive CERT training. Keep an eye out for CERT training opportunities in Arapahoe and Douglas counties.
Other resources and volunteer opportunities:
- Rocky Mountain Medical Reserve Corps
- Participate as an Exercise Participant Volunteer.
All members who complete the General Emergency Services requirement (101 card) and CERT are eligible to wear the ES patch on their BDU uniform.
Training and participation with these organizations is not being provided by CAP, but we do recommend it. You sign up for it individually and do not need unit command approval. There may be an age requirement for active participation with some of these activities or organizations.