August 30, 2016
Just a reminder that cadets and guests have the night off on August 31. The next full squadron meeting will be on Wednesday, September 7.
June 20, 2016
There will be no regular meeting on June 22, 2016. Instead Mustang Squadron will be meeting at Dove Valley Regional Park for our squadron picnic. The park is located at:
7900 S. Potomac St.
Centennial, CO 80112
December 6, 2014
On Wednesday, December 10, 2014, leaders of the U.S. House and Senate will present a Congressional Gold Medal in honor of members of the Civil Air Patrol whose valor and dedication saved countless lives during World War II.
Speakers Office Press Release
November 14, 2014
Mustang Cadet Squadron has won the Quality Cadet Unit Award for the fifth year in a row! Winners must meet at least 5 of 11 criteria to win the award. Mustang was one of 299 units out of 1035 that won the award for this award period. Criteria for the award are Cadet Achievement, Retention, Adult Leadership, Orientation Flights, Growth, Encampment, Enrollment, DDR, Aerospace Education, STEM Kit, and CyberPatriot. Congratulations to everyone on their hard work over of the past year!
May 13, 2014
Congratulations to the recipients of the following awards that were presented at the 2014 Colorado Wing Conference:
Maj Don Bolles – Sorenson Cadet Programs Officer of the Year
Chaplain (Maj) Alan Garner – Colorado Wing Chaplain of the Year
Chaplain (Maj) Alan Garner – Rocky Mountain Region Squadron Chaplain of the Year
February 4, 2014
The following will be the cancellation policy for meetings or other squadron events.
- The meeting/event will be cancelled if:
- School was cancelled for Cherry Creek School District
- There is an Early Release from Cherry Creek School District
- After school activities are cancelled for Cherry Creek School District
- There is a blizzard warning in affect for the location of the meeting 1 hour before or 1 hour after the scheduled event
- There is an accumulation of 6 inches of snow on the ground at the time of the meeting
- The meeting/event will NOT be cancelled if:
- There is a delayed start for Cherry Creek School District
- Final authority to cancel meetings lies with the Squadron Commander
The Cherry Creek School District School Closure and Storm Information page is located at: http://www.cherrycreekschools.org/pages/storminfo.aspx
October 22, 2013
Mustang Cadet Squadron has won the Quality Cadet Unit Award for the forth year in a row! Winners must meet at least 5 of 9 criteria to win the award. Mustang was one of 272 units that won the award for this award period and one of 31 units to achieve at least 7 of the 9 criteria. Criteria for the award are Cadet Achievement, Retention, Adult Leadership, Orientation Flights, Growth, Encampment, Enrollment, DDR, and Aerospace Education. Congratulations to everyone on their hard work over of the past year!
September 13, 2013
Given our recent weather, now is a good time to review your Family Emergency Plan.
• NOAA Weather-Ready Nation
• FEMA – Ready.gov
• Make A Plan
• Family Emergency Plan (PDF)
July 1, 2013
There will be Color Guard Tryouts on July 19, 2013 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Contact C/MSgt Chad Lewis for additional information or questions.