January 8, 2016
For those of you that enjoy flying drones and RC aircraft, here’s an app from the FAA to help determine if you’re in a safe area to fly.
B4UFLY uses map and airport data, along with real-time information such as temporary flight restrictions, to help drone operators decide if they’re legal to fly in a selected area.
December 6, 2014
On Wednesday, December 10, 2014, leaders of the U.S. House and Senate will present a Congressional Gold Medal in honor of members of the Civil Air Patrol whose valor and dedication saved countless lives during World War II.
Speakers Office Press Release
November 14, 2014
Mustang Cadet Squadron has won the Quality Cadet Unit Award for the fifth year in a row! Winners must meet at least 5 of 11 criteria to win the award. Mustang was one of 299 units out of 1035 that won the award for this award period. Criteria for the award are Cadet Achievement, Retention, Adult Leadership, Orientation Flights, Growth, Encampment, Enrollment, DDR, Aerospace Education, STEM Kit, and CyberPatriot. Congratulations to everyone on their hard work over of the past year!
September 4, 2014
September is National Preparedness Month. There are a number of things you can do to increase your ability to respond to and deal with disasters:
- Start at www.ready.gov for information on how to make a plan and build a kit.
- Participate in America’s PrepareAthon.
- Receive CERT training. Keep an eye out for CERT training opportunities in Arapahoe and Douglas counties.
Other resources and volunteer opportunities:
All members who complete the General Emergency Services requirement (101 card) and CERT are eligible to wear the ES patch on their BDU uniform.
Training and participation with these organizations is not being provided by CAP, but we do recommend it. You sign up for it individually and do not need unit command approval. There may be an age requirement for active participation with some of these activities or organizations.
May 13, 2014
Congratulations to the recipients of the following awards that were presented at the 2014 Colorado Wing Conference:
Maj Don Bolles – Sorenson Cadet Programs Officer of the Year
Chaplain (Maj) Alan Garner – Colorado Wing Chaplain of the Year
Chaplain (Maj) Alan Garner – Rocky Mountain Region Squadron Chaplain of the Year
February 4, 2014
The following will be the cancellation policy for meetings or other squadron events.
- The meeting/event will be cancelled if:
- School was cancelled for Cherry Creek School District
- There is an Early Release from Cherry Creek School District
- After school activities are cancelled for Cherry Creek School District
- There is a blizzard warning in affect for the location of the meeting 1 hour before or 1 hour after the scheduled event
- There is an accumulation of 6 inches of snow on the ground at the time of the meeting
- The meeting/event will NOT be cancelled if:
- There is a delayed start for Cherry Creek School District
- Final authority to cancel meetings lies with the Squadron Commander
The Cherry Creek School District School Closure and Storm Information page is located at: http://www.cherrycreekschools.org/pages/storminfo.aspx
October 22, 2013
Mustang Cadet Squadron has won the Quality Cadet Unit Award for the forth year in a row! Winners must meet at least 5 of 9 criteria to win the award. Mustang was one of 272 units that won the award for this award period and one of 31 units to achieve at least 7 of the 9 criteria. Criteria for the award are Cadet Achievement, Retention, Adult Leadership, Orientation Flights, Growth, Encampment, Enrollment, DDR, and Aerospace Education. Congratulations to everyone on their hard work over of the past year!
September 13, 2013
Given our recent weather, now is a good time to review your Family Emergency Plan.
• NOAA Weather-Ready Nation
• FEMA – Ready.gov
• Make A Plan
• Family Emergency Plan (PDF)
July 29, 2013
A new Orientation Flight for Saturday, August 3rd has been posted. Sign up if you would like to go flying!